Adderall is a prescription medication for the treatment of Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. It is a combination medication containing four salts of amphetamine. You may buy Adderall online also for the treatment of narcolepsy. Adderall is a central nervous system stimulant. FDA has to define Adderall as a Schedule II prescription drug in the U.S.
Adderall and exercise
Adderall improves the physical activities of the body to make you healthy. This drug may use as an athletic performance enhancer and cognitive enhancer. There are a lot of people using Adderall as a performance enhancer as it has no more adverse effects.
This drug is available in both immediate-release and extended-release form. It is available in several strengths which are,
- 5 mg
- 7.5 mg
- 10 mg
- 12.5 mg
- 15 mg and
- 20, 30 mg.
You are advised to take this medication with the lowest possible dosage for a short time as instructed by your health advisor. The daily dosage of this medication depends on the individual’s condition.
Usual dosage (more than 6 years of age)
- Initial dosage: 5 mg once or twice a day as prescribed by your doctor.
- Dosage adjustment: You may increase your daily dosage by 5 mg at intervals of 7 days.
- Maximum dosage: 40 mg per day
You may take Adderall with or without food by mouth as recommended by your doctor. Taking drugs with food may decrease the effects of the medication.
*Adderall is not for use in children under three years of age.
Side effects of Adderall
This medication may cause some adverse effects if you misuse it. The severe side effects of this medication occur rarely, but it may be possible in some adverse conditions.
More common side effects
- Dry mouth
- Lack or loss of strength
- Stomach pain
- Weight loss
- Decreased interest in sex
- False or unusual sense of well-being
- Twitching, twisting and uncontrolled repetitive moments of the tongue.
The above-given effects may occur at the start of treatment. These effects do not need any extra care as it disappears slowly during the procedure.
- Bladder pain
- Bloody or cloudy urine
- Burning or difficult urination
- Frequent urge to urinate
- Lower back or side pain
- Cold or flu-like symptoms
- Cough or hoarsens
- Fever or chills
- Blistering and loosening of the skin
- Chest pain or discomfort
- Dark-colored urine
- Difficulty with speaking and swallowing
- Double vision and dizziness
- Inability to move the legs, arms, or facial muscles
- Joint or muscle pain
- Loss of bladder control
- Muscle cramps or spasms
- Muscle pain or jerking of all extremities
- Pain or discomfort in the arms, etc.
The above-given symptoms may be very harmful, contact your doctor immediately if you are feeling any of these effects.
Some other problems during the treatment
- Adderall heart rate – Adderall may increase your heart rate by increasing your blood pressure. Take medical consultation before using a drug if you have any history of heart problems.
- Allergic reaction to Adderall – Adderall contains amphetamine and dextroamphetamine, which may cause an allergic reaction. Skin rash, hives, wheezing, and difficulty breathing are some possible signs of an allergic reaction.
- Adderall and headaches – This medication may cause severe problems. Headache is possible when using Adderall with overdosage.