Carisoprodol is a prescription medication, marketed under the brand name Soma among others. It is a medication for the treatment of musculoskeletal pain. You may buy Carisoprodol online for a short period of use, as it is approved for three weeks.
Carisoprodol usually starts its work within half an hour and lasts up to 6 hours. You may take Carisoprodol with or without food by mouth.
The U.S. FDA has approved Carisoprodol to be used along with rest, physical therapy, and other measures to relax muscles after sprains, strains, and muscle injuries. This medication is available, which you can take thrice in a day.
It is crucial to take this medication in proper and balanced dosage to avoid the unwanted effects of the drug. Taking medicines incorrect dosage ensures the 100 percent benefit of the drug and provides a secured use of the medication.
Usual adult dosage
- You may take 350 mg orally 3 times a day and at bedtime.
- The maximum duration of therapy is 2 to 3 weeks. Do not use it for a long time.
You are advised to take the drug with the lowest effective dosage for a short duration. Always take this drug as per your doctor’s instructions.
Dosage and forms
Carisoprodol is available in tablet forms, which contain 250 mg and 350 mg of the drug. Carisoprodol 350 mg is a higher dosage of this medication and prescribed only for severe problems.
How long does Carisoprodol take to start its work?
Carisoprodol starts its work within half an hour and gets the peak of impact after 1.5 hours. You may feel the effects of this drug up to 4 to 6 hours. The estimated half-life of Carisoprodol is 2 to 10 hours. Half-life is a period in which the body eliminates the half part of the drug.
How should I take Carisoprodol?
You should use this medicine exactly as indicated by your doctor or pharmacist. Most of the time, doctors provide a prescription label along with the dosage guide. You should read your dosage guide very carefully and follow all the necessary instructions given in the manual.
This medicine may be habit-forming. Misuse of such medications can cause addiction, overdose, and death. You should avoid using it recreationally for non-medical purposes or using the drug through a high amount of doses.
This medicine not approved for anyone younger than 16 years of age. And older adults may be more sensitive to the effects of this medicine.
This medicine is only a part of a complete program of the muscle pain treatment that may also include physical therapy and other pain relief measures.
Carisoprodol side effects
This medication is very beneficial and safe to use, but it may cause side effects due to the misuse of medicine. Misusing Carisoprodol may cause many side effects, allergic effects, and drug addiction.
Take an immediate medical consultation if you are feeling any of these given below,
- Black, tarry stools
- chest pain
- cold sweats
- lightheadedness or faintness, when getting up suddenly from a lying or sitting position fast pounding, or irregular heartbeat or pulse
- loss of bladder control
- muscle spasm or jerking of all extremities
- painful or difficult urination
- shortness of breath
- sudden loss of consciousness
- swollen glands
- unusual bleeding or bruising
- unusual tiredness or weakness
Symptoms of overdose
- difficult or troubled breathing
- a false or strange sense of well-being
- holding false beliefs that cannot be changed by the fact
- increased blinking or spasms of the eyelid
- increased sensitivity of the eyes to light
- irregular, fast or slow, or shallow breathing
- loss of consciousness
- muscle stiffness or tightness
- pale or blue lips, fingernails, or skin
- sticking out of the tongue
- the trouble with breathing, speaking or swallowing
- uncontrolled eye movements
- trembling or
uncontrolled twisting movements of the neck, trunk, arms, or legs
- unusual excitement, nervousness, or restlessness
Carisoprodol has some other effects which did not need any extra care as they disappear slowly during the treatment.
- Fast or deep breathing with dizziness
- Dry mouth
- Warming of face
- Nausea and nervousness
- Numbness of the mouth, hands
- Discomfort or pain in the chest and upper stomach
- Redness of face
- Sensation of spinning
- Unable to sleep
- Unsteadiness, other problems with muscle control or coordination
- sore throat
The above-given list does not contain all the side effects of Carisoprodol. If you are feeling any unusual effect while using the drug, take immediate medical advice.
You are advised to avoid taking other drugs or alcohol while using Carisoprodol. Taking Carisoprodol with other medications may interact and cause very harmful effects.
Combining Carisoprodol with Alcohol may cause effects like,
- Memory loss
- Difficult breathing
Combining Carisoprodol with Barbiturates may cause effects like,
- Memory loss
- Difficult breathing
Taking other drugs with Carisoprodol may increase the impact of medication.