Does Codeine really help with the pain?
Codeine belongs to a group of medicines known as narcotics or opioids. It is known to block the pain signals being transmitted to the brain and other parts of the Central Nervous System(CNS) from the rest of the body of an individual and thereby relieving a person from pain sensations. Codeine is also taken to get relief from stress and anxiety, resulting because of pain. Since it is an effective pain killer, Codeine is often prescribed by doctors to treat pain patients due to various conditions like accidents, injuries, operations, fractures, etc. Patients suffering from everyday-pain when everyday painkillers (like paracetamol, ibuprofen, and aspirin) fail to provide satisfactory results.
How long does Codeine stay in your body?
About 90 percent of Codeine is eliminated by your kidneys in urine. How long Codeine traces are detectable in your body, depends upon a variety of factors, inclusive of the type of test being used for its detection. The other factors that may influence it are:
- Level of your activity
- Level of your body hydration
- Dose power
- Frequency of doses.
- And other medical conditions that you may have.
Since every person has different physical and health conditions, the reason why it is almost impossible to precisely determine the time to which Codeine will show up in any test result. Here we have listed below the estimated time frames in which Codeine is most likely to be detected in a test. The results are based on statistical data collected over time.
- Saliva Test: one to four days
- Blood Test: up to 24 hours
- Urine Test: two to three days
- Hair Follicle last two to three months
Note: The hair follicle test will not show drug use in the past two to three weeks.
How to get prescribed Codeine?
Codeine is an analgesic that is readily available to people. You can buy Codeine online from online pharmacies or from your local pharmacies. Though the medications that you will get from both sources will be the same, both of them have some inherent advantages over each other.
When you place you buy Codeine online, you will get the following benefits:
- The medicines will cost you a much lower price when compared to traditional pharmacies (who usually sell it on the printed price).
- The medicines are delivered to your doorstep and at a time that is convenient for you. Thereby, you do not have to bother to go out and purchase it.
- Online pharmacies provide you with complete in and out of the medicine(s) that you purchase.
- And most importantly, you can avail discounts/coupons that are available from these pharmacies that are available from time to time.
- You can pay via a vast range of payment options are available with these online pharmacies.
The benefits of your local pharmacies is that you can immediately buy Codeine if you need it right away and have no time to wait.
Some common side effects of Codeine
We have listed below some common side effects of Codeine below:
These common side effects take place in one in a hundred individuals. Seek expert advice if any of these symptoms bother or persist over time.
- dry mouth
- Feeling of dizziness
- Feeling sleepy
- Mood changes
- Stomach pain
- Difficulty in urinating
Serious Side effects of Codeine
Seek expert attention if you experience any of these symptoms:
- Low blood pressure symptoms, like tiredness and dizziness or fainting
- Muscle stiffness
- Difficulty in breathing
- Shallow Breathing
Why are Codeine and alcohol a bad combination?
Administering Codeine and alcohol together have serious negative implications on your health. People who take Codeine and alcohol together may experience side effects like trouble breathing, sleepiness, dizziness, memory difficulties, and problems with motor control. Therefore it is strictly advised that a person should refrain from consuming Codeine and alcohol together.
Symptoms of Codeine addictions
As one of the old maxim goes, “Too much of anything is bad,” the same is the case with Codeine. If you are being addicted to this medicine, you may experience these symptoms when you try to stop its intake:
- Running Nose
- Trouble Sleeping
- Feeling anxious
- Faster heart rate
- Muscle aches