Oxycodone is the generic name for Oxycontin tablets. It is an opioid analgesic having chemical name 7,8-dihydro-14-hydroxycodeinone, 6-deoxy-7,8-dihydro-14-hydroxy-3-O-methyl-6-oxymorphone. It comes in the oral, sublingual, intramuscular, intravenous, intranasal, subcutaneous, transdermal, rectal, and epidural form of administration.
Oxycodone comes under the Schedule II controlled substance. It poses a high liability of dependence, addiction, abuse, or misuse.
Oxycodone pill acts on the brain by activating the μ-opioid receptor. Thus, changing how the body senses pain and responds to it.
Oxycodone is a recommended drug generally used for the treatment of pain (moderate to severe). It comes under the category of opioid(narcotic) analgesics. The natural substances of the brain are changed so that our brains can change the feelings and responses towards pain. The duration of the treatment determined on the condition of the patient so that it may be long term or short term. The brand names of this medication are-
Doctors suggest Oxycodone 5mg for moderate pain. It is made up of 4.5mg of oxycodone to take 5 mg of oxycodone hydrochloride. The color of the pills is light blue written OC on one side and 5 on the other side. They are for oral use.
Buy Oxycodone Online to relieve mild to severe chronic or acute pain when other treatments do not provide desired effects. You can Order Oxycodone Online in both Immediate-Release and Controlled-Release formulations. The Controlled-Release Oxycodone pills help in the management of chronic cancer pain, with comparatively lesser side effects than morphine. The extended-release Oxycodone pill treats the children as young as 11 years of age, already treated with opioids, for trauma pain, cancer pain, or acute pain due to major surgery. It is the only extended-release opioid analgesic approved for the children in the U.S.
Oxycodone is the oral medication, so we have to take this by mouth as instructed by the doctor or pharmacist. You may consume this medicine with food or without food, but if someone has nausea, take the medication with food for quick recovery. Do not chew, break, saturate, lick the pill because it may cause danger to your health; swallow the tablet with plenty of water. Stick to the instruction of the doctor do not increase or decrease the dose without consulting the doctor. Avoid taking medicine with alcohol or any other alcoholic product. As per the direction of the doctor lower the dosage of the pill does not stop the consumption of this medicine suddenly, especially if you are consuming this from a very long time because it may cause withdrawal. Withdrawal includes mood swings, runny nose, watery eyes, sweating, muscle ache, or any change in your behavior.
Adult Oxycodone Dosage
For Moderate pain-
Take immediate-release tablets 5mg to 15mg orally every 4-6 hours as needed for pain.
Administer the lowest effective Oxycodone Dosage to prevent dependence and side effects.
Individualize the dosage regime according to the needs of each patient.
Monitor patients for respiratory depression within the first 24 to 72 hours following the start of dosing therapy.
For Chronic Pain-
Immediate-Release (I.R.): Initial dose for Opioid-Naive patients is 5mg to 15mg orally every 4-6 hours around the clock.
Extended-Release (E.R.): Initial dose for Opioid-Naive and Opioid non-Tolerant patients is 10mg orally every 12 hours (Oxycodone hydrochloride E.R. tablets) and 9mg every 12 hours (Oxycodone (base) E.R. capsules).
Adjust the Oxycodone Dosage every 1-2 days as needed by the patient. Administer the lowest effective doses for the shortest duration for each patient.
Start doses according to opioid tolerance, medical status, the severity of pain, risk of addiction or abuse, and personal needs of the individual patient.
Doctors prescribe extended-release formulations only when other opioids and non-opioids are not adequate, ineffective, not tolerated, or insufficient for the patient.
- For children- The doctor will determine the exact dose after the observation.
- For adults- For beginners, the starting dose is 10mg with a gap of 12 hours so that it can not hamper the situation of the person. Once the doctor observes your reaction on the first dose of the medicine, then he can decide the specific treatment for you.
- For seniors-At, the age of 65 and above the organs of the person are not that strong as earlier, so the doctor may start the treatment with the lower dose or some other dose to reduce the chance of the side effects.
The signs and symptoms of Oxycodone Overdose include:
- Slow heart rate
- Shallow breathing
- Difficulty in breathing
- Pauses in breathing
- Cold and clammy skin
- Spinal cord infarction
- Constricted pupils
- ischemic damage to the brain
- Respiratory arrest
- Circulatory collapse
Oxycodone overdose was the leading cause of drug-related deaths in the USA in the year 2011.
Contradiction of Oxycodone
Prohibited below the age of 11, but there are specific brands of oxycodone who do not recommend this medicine if the person is below the age of 18.
- People with kidney or liver problems should avoid this medicine.
- Do not recommend this pill to the senior citizen above 65.
Oxycodone vs. Hydrocodone
Oxycodone and Hydrocodone both are pain killers, highly effective in treating mild to severe pain. But the combination of Oxycodone acetaminophen is 1.5 times more effective than Hydrocodone acetaminophen when taken at equal doses.
Comparing the side effects of Hydrocodone vs. Oxycodone, Hydrocodone causes constipation and stomach ache, while Oxycodone more likely causes dizziness, drowsiness, fatigue, and headache. Most of the adverse effects of both medications are the same.
Hydrocodone is combined with antihistamines to create cough syrup that helps to treat cough reflexes and pain associated with coughing. Oxycodone acetaminophen makes a narcotic analgesic to calm a person’s mood, giving time to the pain-reliever to work.
Oxycodone vs. Oxycontin
Oxycodone and Oxycontin are the different names of the same drug. Oxycodone is the generic form of the medicine, while Oxycontin is the trade name of the same drug.
Differentiating Oxycontin vs. Oxycodone, the immediate-release Oxycodone is a short term medication to treat mild to severe pain such as pain due to injury or pain after surgery. Oxycontin helps in treating the pain associated with chronic diseases such as cancer.
Here are some points regarding oxycodone vs. oxycontin-:
- Usage- Oxycodone is used for short-term treatment, whereas oxycontin is for long-term treatment.
- Time gap- Under oxycodone, the time gap is 4-6 hours, whereas, the time gap in oxycontin is 12 hours minimum.
- Brands- Oxycodone comes under the brand Oxaydo, and Roxicodone and oxycontin come under the brand OxyContin.
- Oxycontin is the brand name of the long term form of oxycodone.
Tramadol vs. Oxycodone
Oxycodone is a semi-synthetic opioid pain-relieving medication, while Tramadol is a human-made (synthetic) pain killer under Schedule IV controlled substance.
Oxycodone comes under the Schedule II controlled substance, which indicates that Tramadol has a lesser risk of dependence or abuse when compared to Oxycodone.
Oxycodone Side Effects
Severe Oxycodone side effects include:
- Respiratory depression
The common side effects of Oxycodone are:
- Dry mouth
The less common Oxycodone side effects include:
- Loss of appetite
- Abdominal pain
- Urinary retention
The snorting of Oxycodone causes powerful and intense Oxycodone high. Fatal health risks are associated with Oxycodone high that includes chronic sinus infections, frequent nose bleeds, congestion, lung infection, pneumonia, unconsciousness, and CNS (Central Nervous System) depression.
Buy Oxycodone Online
The best way to save your time and money is to buy medicines online. Here are some points which you should consider when you buy the oxycodone online.
- Always buy medicine from the authorized pharma websites.
- Please don’t fall in the trick of the low price; sometimes, it may be an indication of fraud.
- Always look for the Verified Internet Pharmacy Practices Sites (VIPPS).
- Always go for licensed and U.S. based site.
- Check all the details of the medicine.
Other relevant information regarding Oxycodone
- Misuse of this medication may cause addiction, overdose, and, maybe, death.
- Keep away from the reach of other people and children.
- The fatal situation may arise like slow breathing if a person consumes this medicine with alcohol or other drugs.
- Pregnant lady should avoid taking this medicine because it may cause danger to the new-born.