What is Soma?
Soma is a brand version of the medicine that is sold by its generic name Carisoprodol. This medication was initially approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in 2007. It is manufactured by Meda Pharmaceuticals.
This drug is popular among the people of the United States for its medicinal value. Those people who buy Soma online may not know about the generic version of the drug. In most of the cases, a generic drug is considerably cheaper as compared to the brand version of the drug. However, the generic version and brand name version both act similarly just like other muscle relaxants.
Now, as you order Soma online, you must know about the usage, dosage, and side effects of this medicine. It will help you prevent the harmful side effects of the drug that may arise simultaneously. Also, you should always purchase a drug after getting a prescription from a health advisor.
What is the use of Soma?
The basic or on-label use of Soma is to act as a muscle pain relaxer or relax muscles and help alleviate pain from muscle spasms. Such pain is often termed as skeletal muscle condition that involves pain due to an injury. Since it is a controlled drug substance, medical experts recommend Soma only for limited medical purposes. Therefore, you should avoid using this medicine without a recommendation. But when prescribed by a doctor, you may use Soma even for purposes not given in this medication guide.
The pain suppressed by blocking the pain sensations that travel through the nerves to the brain. A pill of Soma is recommended to be taken along with physical therapy and giving proper rest to your body. The use of Soma only recommended for a short while. There have been no reports of Soma working in your body for an extended period.
How does Soma work?
As said above, Soma works in your body by blocking the pain sensation that is responsible for causing musculoskeletal pain, just like other muscle relaxants. This pain carried through the nerves to the brain, and Soma acts as a barrier for it. The pain caused due to muscle injuries is relieved within a few days or 1-2 weeks with the help of Soma.
People may also consider buying Carisoprodol online as it is lesser in price. However, you may also purchase cheap Soma from the online pharmacies that are selling drugs lower than the market price.
What are the Adverse effects of using Soma?
Although Soma does not stay effective if you take it for an extended period, there may have some common side effects of the drug. Most of these adverse effects occur due to the misuse or abuse of Carisoprodol, but sometimes they may occur without any known reason. At times, these side effects may take place when you begin with the use of Soma.
Commonly known aftereffects of Soma –
- Feeling tired
- Feeling dizzy
- Unable to sleep
There can also be signs of severe and harmful side effects of Soma that may emerge in rare cases. Some of them are as follows –
- Feeling depressed, extreme weakness, paralysis, or poor coordination
- Allergic reactions (hives, rashes, swelling up of tongue, face or throat)
- Seizure or convulsions
- Lack of coordination, feel confused or agitated
- Hallucination, Lightheadedness or dizziness when you stand up or change your sitting position
- Muscle stiffness, Shivering, Fast heart rate, Low blood pressure
- Feelings of fatigue or New infections (may be related to decreased levels of red and white blood cells, known as pancytopenia)
Not every person who is taking Soma needs to develop any of these or other side effects. You must consult your health expert before starting with the dose of Soma. It will help you stay safe from the harmful side effects of Soma.
Dosage for Soma –
The dosage pattern for Soma depends upon several factors. Patients who are prescribed the use of Soma must know about the usage of the drug. When you buy Soma by yourself, you may not know the factors that a doctor keeps intact while prescribing a dosage of the drug. Therefore, you must purchase the medicine after taking a recommendation from a doctor.
Mainly, there are several things on the basis of which your doctor prescribes you a dose of Soma. They are –
- Age of the person
- Mental and physical health of the person
- Other health issues that the person may be suffering from
- If the person is suffering from any other health issue
After going through these points, the doctor prescribes you a dose of Soma that will benefit your health. A sensible doctor provides a prescription label or a dosage guide along with the medicine. You should read your prescription label or dosage guide very carefully before initiating treatment with Soma and follow all necessary instructions.
The primarily recommended dose is Soma 250mg tablets. This tablet can be taken at an interval of 2 to 3 weeks. You are advised not to withdraw suddenly from the use of Soma. You may suffer from the harmful and unpleasant impact of the drug as a withdrawal symptom of Soma. To avoid these unwanted consequences, consult a health advisor or gradually lower down the dose of Soma. There are specific points that you need to keep in mind while taking Soma. We have discussed some of them in the precautions listed below.
What precautions should I know before taking Soma?
Safety precautions that you should know before starting with the use of Soma are –
- Avoid the intake of Soma if you suffer from any severe health issue. These can be like – liver disease, kidney disease, heart problems, or so.
- Do not take a dose of Soma if you are already on the regular use of some other drug. This may cause drug interactions that may lay a harmful impact on your health.
- Take a dose of Soma along with its complete program that includes physical therapy and rest.
- The use of Soma or Carisoprodol is not approved for children below the age of 16.
- Take this medication as prescribed by the health expert. You may also follow the instructions given on the prescription label.
- Do not share a dose of Soma with any other person even if he/she has the same symptoms as yours. Tell them to get consulted from a health advisor and take the drug as per the prescription format.
- Do not exceed the dosage limit of Soma. Taking Soma in a more considerable amount may cause side effects due to overdose.
The “Carisoprodol (Soma) high” and abuse
Among muscle relaxant medications, Soma causes the most drowsiness and has the highest abuse potential. According to some medical reports, drug abusers may combine Soma with other medications like hydrocodone and benzodiazepines. Mixing Soma with other high-potential drugs can cause specific severe side effects.
Because of its abuse potential and the risks of severe side effects, you should keep Soma and all medications away from children’s teenagers and anyone for whom it was not prescribed.
Pregnancy and Soma
It is uncertain whether Soma will cause harm to an unborn baby or fetus. But you should inform your doctor if you are a pregnant lady or plan to become pregnant before taking Carisoprodol.
Although it is thought that Soma might be safe for breastfeeding ladies, you should also alert your physician or pharmacist if you are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed before taking Soma.